(1) In addition to the exception in Article 14 (5) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and in Section 29 (1), first sentence, the obligation to provide information to the data subject according to Article 14 (1), (2) and (4) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 shall not apply if providing information
- in the case of a public body
- would endanger the proper performance of tasks as referred to in Article 23 (1) (a) to (e) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 for which the controller is responsible, or
- would threaten the public security or order or otherwise be detrimental to the Federation or a Land, and therefore the data subject’s interest in receiving the information must not take precedence;
- in the case of a private body
- would interfere with the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or processing includes data from contracts under private law and is intended to prevent harm from criminal offences, unless the data subject has an overriding legitimate interest in receiving the information; or
- the responsible public body has determined with respect to the controller that disclosing the data would endanger public security or order or would otherwise be detrimental to the welfare of the Federation or a Land; in the case of data processing for purposes of law enforcement, no determination pursuant to the first half-sentence shall be required.
(2) If information is not provided to the data subject pursuant to subsection 1, the controller shall take appropriate measures to protect the legitimate interests of the data subject, including providing the information referred to in Article 14 (1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 for the public in precise, transparent, understandable and easily accessible form in clear and simple language. The controller shall set down in writing the reasons for not providing information.
(3) If the provision of information relates to the transfer by public bodies of personal data to the authorities for the protection of the Constitution, the Federal Intelligence Service, the Military Counterintelligence Service and, as far as the security of the Federation is affected, other authorities of the Federal Ministry of Defence, such provision shall be permitted only with the approval of these bodies.